Hey Keegan, The paper looks good. I appreciated the ambition of simply encouraging people to read more. I think maybe that urge to just tell people to read is exactly what teachers of literature courses feel when their students fail to read their shit. The teachers know it will benefit them in the long-run, but the students could care less. Don't forget to quote Carr, especially when using his metaphors about being "water skiers" on page 2.
Hey Keegan I can't get to your essay through that link, it says I don't have permission to view it or something.
ReplyDeleteHey Keegan,
ReplyDeleteThe paper looks good. I appreciated the ambition of simply encouraging people to read more. I think maybe that urge to just tell people to read is exactly what teachers of literature courses feel when their students fail to read their shit. The teachers know it will benefit them in the long-run, but the students could care less.
Don't forget to quote Carr, especially when using his metaphors about being "water skiers" on page 2.